ROSH HASHANAH … ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE
From Congregation Har shalom, Missoula:
Hello dear friends in Great Falls!
I agree with President Laura that Rabbi Ruz made a wise decision. At Har Shalom, we decided that we could not gather indoors because our ventilation system is questionable. We felt we could not make the necessary renovations in time for the holidays. So, we initially decided to lead the service from the sanctuary on Zoom with only service leaders present. Then, one of our board members had a breakthrough Covid infection and several members were close contacts, two of whom would be service leaders, reading Torah along with me, OY! So out of an abundance of caution and the desire to put no one at risk, we are now almost completely online for the High Holidays. Only our outdoor Shofar Drive-in and Tashlich will be “in-person” outdoors.
These last-minute adjustments are time-consuming. I know you are completely able to do your own thing, but you are also welcome to join forces with us for any of the services. I’m attaching the schedule. All of the online services will be on Zoom Join Us
Whatever you finally decide to do, just wishing everyone a truly good New Year, filled with hope and sweetness!
NEWEST REVISED High Holiday Schedule 09/01/2021
This is our calendar for High Holidays 2021/5782, updated 9/1 to take place on Zoom because of a recent Covid case in our leadership team (recovering well). As always, no tickets are required; all events are free, and donations are welcome. We are taking the Delta variant and current rise in local infections seriously, and decided that we will broadcast the main services on Zoom from our homes. Other changes may be coming as our pandemic situation develops.
- Monday, Sept 6 2021, Erev Rosh Hashanah……6:30 to 7:30 pm, Zoom
- Tuesday, Sept 07, 2021, For Everyone (kids, families, dogs) Shofar Service……9 to 9:30 am, back garden, rain or shine
- Rosh Hashanah Service……10 am to 11:15 am, Zoom
- Tashlich at the Clark Fork/Boone and Crockett……Noon to 1 pm
- Friday, Sept 10, 2021, MAOR “Shabbat Shuva Across Montana”……6 to 7:15 pm, Zoom
- Saturday, Sept 11, 2021, Shabbat Shuva Torah Study……10 am to noon, Zoom
- Wednesday, Sept 15, 2021, Kol Nidre……7 to 8 pm, Zoom
- Thursday, Sept 16, 2021, Yom Kippur Morning Service……10 am to noon, Zoom
- Cheshbon Hanefesh, soul-accounting text study…..3:30 to 4:30 pm, Zoom
- Yizkor…..6:30 pm, Zoom
- Neilah, Closing of the Gates and Havdallah, end of Yom Kippur……6:45 pm to 8 pm, Zoom