HAVA NAGILA: SOME CULTURAL INTERPRETATIONS
Some different versions of Hava Nagila: Same song/Same words, yet each with its own cultural twist
1) From Ballwood (Hebrew and Hindi) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdG9P1MsU5A
2) French Jews now in Israe bring the song some French style : http://www.tel-avivre.com/2015/03/31/peut-etre-la-plus-belle-version-de-hava-nagila-de-tous-les-temps/-
3) Everything is big in Texas: See this Texas sized version of Hava Nagillah:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WF6irnzAiI
4) From (yes) Iran: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVhxQxZRbww
5) In Hebrew and Spanish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVPr7jqUmE8
6) With a Russian flavor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfUz2BZa7UY
7) From Brazil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z326fgXfZxM
8) From the Caribbean The Harry Belafonte Version with English subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWIq4436nHk
Submitted by Jerry Weissman
Posted on May 16, 2015, in 2015, May, Ram's Horn. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.
When are next services in Great Falls please?Edward C MartinEmartin104@aol.com
Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
Unfortunately, not until Rosh Hashanah. We are trying to organize Rabbi Ruz for sometime this Summer, but are unsure if we can get schedules to work. There are weekly shabbos services in Bozeman and Missoula, and bi-weekly services in Billings. Wish we had enough members to be more active.
There also will be services in Butte for the MAJCO (Montana Association of Jewish Communities) Shabbaton during the weekend of June 26. I know that a number of people from Great Falls are going to Butte for that weekend.