How is it already the month of Elul? The year is really flying by, and before you know it Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur will be upon us!
I had the opportunity for a lovely conversation with our service leader and Cantorial Soloist for our High Holy Day services this year, Ruz Gulko. Ruz comes to us on Rabbi Fine’s recommendation, and has been leading services in the Seattle area for the past 25 years.
Ruz is putting her plans together for our Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur services, and would like to know if anyone would like the honor of reading from the Torah on Rosh Hashanah or Yom Kippur mornings. She plans on using the High Holy Day trope for the services, and will be glad to send a written copy of the text and an mp3 of the trope to any volunteers. If you are interested, please send her an email at email@example.com or place a comment on this post.
If there is anything specific you would like to see done at these services, please send me and Ruz a note, or just comment below.
All services are led by Cantor Elliott Magalnick
Friday October 7
- Kol Nidre services are 7:00 P.M. at the Bethel, 1009 18th Ave SW, Great Falls
Saturday October 8
- Yom Kippur services begin on Saturday morning, October 8 at 10:00 A.M. at the Bethel, 1009 18th Ave SW, Great Falls.
- 10:00 A.M.-12:00 P.M. Morning Services
- 12:00 P.M.-2:00 P.M.: 2-hour break
- 2:00 P.M.-4:00 P.M. Adult Discussion, STORAHtelling on Jonah by Cantor Elliot Magalnick
- 4:00 P.M.-5:00 P.M.: 1-hour break
- 5:00 P.M.-5:45 P.M. Yizkor
- 5:45 P.M.-6:15 P.M. Minhah
- 6:15 P.M.-7:00 P.M. Neilah
- Following evening services: Break The Fast milchig (dairy) pot luck.