Author Archives: Joy Breslauer
Voting was held at the Break The Fast potluck following Neilah. the results were as follows:
- Bruce breslauer, re-elected first vice President
- Aaron Weissman, re-elected Treasurer
- Nadyne Weissman, re-elected Secretary
- Helen Cherry, re-elected Board Member
So the complete slate of officers up for election were re-elected.
Thank you for your participation.
Aitz Chaim Board Meeting Minutes
Sunday, 9/28 at 2pm at Celtic Cowboy
Attending were board members Aaron, Laura, Stephen, and Helen, and Joy, Aitz Chaim coeditor. We thought that the change in venue to a fun restaurant like the Celtic Cowboy was a good idea. However, it turned out that they have live music on Sunday afternoons, which was an impediment to our discussion. We thought another location for future meetings would be preferable.
- TREASURER’S REPORT
- HANNUKAH PARTY: We will check with Stuart to find out if he will still host it, and dates that will work.
- SCHEDULE FOR REMAINDER OF THIS YEAR
- EMPTY SLOT ON BOARD: We agreed to keep this slot open while we wait for a member to ask to join the board.
1) Accepted as submitted. However, an additional $650 was still payable to HUC from the rabbi program last year. That check will be sent this week, reducing the income from last year to $200. We noted that the income from the Passover seder was $200, and that profit was almost entirely due to guests and non-members attending the Seder. We decided to continue inviting a smaller group of non-members and guests to the Seder, as long as the majority of attendees are Jewish.
2) BETHEL BUILDING FUND
Bethel Lutheran Church is having a building fund and intends to make significant changes to our space, including moving our storage area in the building to an interior wall that will not be as subject to outside cold. We decided to double our annual rent for the year and send Bethel an additional $350. We did this with the understanding that our total income for last year was only $200.
3) PASSOVER SEDER
We agreed to continue having the Seder at Clark and Lewies. Due to congregational schedules, we decided to have the seder this year on 4/3/15 (First night) to avoid a conflict with the Showdown Mannequin Jump, which Aaron, Steve and Max are committed to attending. If the Thares are unavailable, we thought that Tuesday, 4/7/15 would be an acceptable alternative evening. Hanna, Sarah and Max have been asked to lead the seder this year.
1) We discussed the desire for a fence at the Mt. Olivet cemetery, and what the congregation might do to facilitate it.
2) We discussed upkeep and maintenance of the cemetery, and some possible changes concerning future burials there.
3) What is the correct amount to charge for burials at Eaton Road? We thought that $500.00 was a number which will allow us some funds for ongoing maintenance of the cemetery.
4) Max Weissman’s eagle project will likely be this Spring, and he would like to do fence repairs at the Eaton Road cemetery, as well as graveling in a parking area, and perhaps the road.
1) Rabbi Meriam will come during the weekend of November 21, 2014.
2) We will not schedule a March service this year due to costs and lack of attendance; however, we will try to have a Friday night Purim party and/or movie night in March. We would like this to be on 3/6/15.
3) We would like to have a Shavuos weekend during the weekend of 5/23/15. If Meriam is not available, perhaps we could ask Ruz to return.
RAM’S HORN POLICY FOR LISTING YAHRZEIT MEMORIALS:!
Yahrzeit memorials are listed by consecutive Gregorian month, date, and year, if known, or at the beginning of the list for one calendar year following the date of passing.
Compiled by Aitz Chaim over many years, this Yahrzeit list is maintained by the Ram’s Horn. Please send any corrections or additions to firstname.lastname@example.org
May the source of peace send peace to all who mourn, and comfort to all who are bereaved.
|English Date of Passing||Hebrew Date of Passing||Deceased Relationship to
|Ann Cohn||Oct 4, 1987||11 Tishrei, 5748||Mother of Arlyne Reichert|
|Irving Fineman||Oct 12, 1981||14 Tishrei, 5742||Uncle of Jerry Weissman|
|Vicki Sherick Hawkesworth||Oct 12, 2013||9 Cheshvan, 5774||Daughter of Jack and Diane Sherick|
|Roberto Naduris||Oct 14, 1995||20 Tishrei, 5756||Husband of Susan Weissman|
|Carl Kotler||Oct 15, 1993||30 Tishrei, 5754|
|Hattye Oppenhemer Meyer||Oct 16, 1968||24 Tishrei, 5729||Grandmother of Diane Sherick|
|Pauline Nagel||Oct 16, 2000||17 Tishrei, 5761||Mother of Meriam Nagel|
|Robert Klotzman||Oct 17, 1995||23 Tishrei, 5756|
|Alex Barrett||Oct 18, 1990||29 Tishrei, 5751||Father of Nadyne Weissman|
|Mary Wright Shaugnessy||Oct 26, 1976||2 Chesvan, 5737||Mother of Rose Gran|
|Marvin Langsam||Oct 27, 2013||23 Cheshvan, 5774||Brother of Helen Cherry|
|Celia Ross||Oct 30, 1972||22 Cheshvan, 5733||Great-grandmother of Cece Drew|
|Queenie Crombie||Oct 30, 1992||3 Cheshvan, 5753||Mother of Arleen Heintzelman|
Here is what we have so far for the Break The Fast milchig (dairy) meal next Saturday evening, October 4, 2014, after Neilah. Please let Helen know what you might like to bring, or just bring whatever you think is missing. this is not an all-inclusive list.
- A couple of salads
- at least one pasta dish
- Possibly fish
We still need:
- Dairy Main Dishes
Todah Robah to the following Congregation members who have offered their hospitality to Morah Ruz Gulko for Yom Kippur:
- Friday, 10/03/2014: Airport pickup for Ruz Gulko: Marty Foxman
- Friday evening, 10/03/2014: Dinner hosts for Ruz Gulko: Aaron and Wendy Weissman
“If Seinfeld took place in Montreal and was in Yiddish (with English subtitles).”
I am not sure if it is most funny because they are Yiddish-speaking contemporary Jews or because they are French-speaking Cannucks!
Submited by Nancy Oyer
A good way to start the new year of 5775 is to continue or increase your donation to Aitz Chaim. We depend on your continuing support to hold services, reach out to the younger generation of Jewish congregants and mold them into future community leaders, and to build and sustain Yiddishkeit in north central Montana.
For more information about how your tax deductible donations are used, or to find out how to make a donation by mail or online, please click here Thank you.